I have been SO BUSY for obvious reasons. Quick bullet points so I feel less awkward when I talk about other things:
- Met up with assorted Seattle people: you know who you are! Good times were had. Also, ridiculously good ice cream. Also, ridiculously good chocolate. I shall return someday, time and money permitting.
- Arrived in Bellingham, moved my stuff into house-of-the-month. Have not passively imploded with housemate conflicts! That is just about a first.
- I was working on a post in Notepad, to the tune of 1,500 words. Some updates insisted upon installing themselves. I hadn't saved. AAAAAAAAAAA. I will attempt to rescue it later.
- Change of plans: Proooobably going to be attempting to college in the fall (i.e. in a few days), not the winter. I am so tired of putting off school, it is going to happen now.
- I looked at an apartment, and I made the mistake of falling madly in love with it. Emily and I applied, with some trepidation as to whether or not we would get it. I was waiting to be denied and feel my heart break.
- Picked a big sack of blackberries and baked a pie, and it was good.
- AAAA WE GOT THE APARTMENT and there was much rejoicing. It's ours on Friday!
- I will have the same address for more than two months. It has been so long! It'll make sense for me to try to make my life nice and not just... vaguely functional!
- Cousin the Middler and Cousin the Elder have entered the Circle of Trust. I can facebook properly. (if I decide to give you this link, thanks in advance for being cool.)
- I have an Emily with me right now. And she's not even leaving in two weeks!
Emily arrived just last night. Having her, here, still feels a little unreal, like, surely she'll have to go away again soon? Surely we must scramble to fit in everything we want to do together, surely we can't just go about our lives? How can it be true that her home is with me, now? How can it be true that I'm the person she comes back to, not the person she's just visiting? I still catch myself thinking like she's going to leave, and then I realize she won't, and I smile. And hug her.
(as I was writing this post, this transpired:
"Are you typing up a storm?"
"Not that much of a storm."
"Oh, are you typing up a drizzle?"
I will likely continue to be too busy to write the kinds of posts I would like to write for some time. Are frequent short posts a thing that would be appreciated while that's going on? I worry that random life-updates are boring, but currently the alternative is silence.